Frequently Asked Questions
How does St. Christopher’s Children make sure that it is not duplicating a service offered by another organization?
STCC uses a Medical Care Eligibility Procedure which must be followed by individuals and STCC’s social service partners.” The procedure confirms that:
- Caretakers/parents are unable to provide for the needy children and
- Recipients have exhausted other avenues of assistance.
I would like to offer my time to help St. Christopher’s. How can I help?
We would welcome people for the following volunteer positions:
Role: Purchase age appropriate clothes for kids in need
- Love shopping for kids
- Willing to put thought and effort into purchases.
- Willingness to search for bargains
School/Referring Partner Contacts
Role: Assure assigned organizations understand what we do and get our help
- Ability to establish rapport with your counterparts in schools/organizations
- Flexible – ready to cover for another when necessary.
Role: Provide high quality graphic support for our website, electronic newsletter and printed materials.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design
- Ability to work with a team in the graphic design process
Role: Record cash receipts and payables transactions into bookkeeping system
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting system
- Maintain corporate records and ensure filing deadlines are met for state and federal filings
- Reconcile bank statements
- Prepare financial statements for board of directors meetings
- Print forms/documents and prepare periodic mailings